I am Kolika.Glass artist + designer based in Somerville MA. And I make wearable + functional glass art.Glass Paper Scissors evolved from a line of mixed media and repurposed glass arts to primarily focus on kiln-formed and stained glassware for home & garden and office use and wearable art aka jewelry.Look closely. In my work, you will find elements of Nature, you'll clearly see how inspired I am by my travels, by poetry, by the strength and fragility of humans and most of all, the material itself...how light plays off it and on it-what goes through and what comes back- the optics & the chemistry, the fluidity & the thickness, the fragility & the strength, the planning and the unpredictability- all of it.Find out more about my artist journey here: www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artistmonth/chatterjeeMessage me about custom orders-availability and lead times.
* Jun 14-16 : South Shore Arts Festival (juried) Cohasset MA
* Jun 15 10-4: Beverly Arts Festival (juried) Beverly MA
* July 13 : Artbeat (juried) Davis Sq. Somerville MA
*Sep 7: 37th Annual Codman Estate Fine Arts and Crafts Festival (juried) Lincoln MA
* Nov 16 : Arlington Open Studios
*Dec 7: Newton MA Holiday Craft Fair (juried), City Hall.
Gather your friends and learn something new this winter. In small groups of 6 or less, workshops will be offered on:
1. Basic Glass Fusing
2. Fused Glass Jewelry Making
3. Screenprinting On Glass (comes in two parts 101 and 102)
4. Stamping and Mica on glass
You’ll find Glass Paper Scissors at these stores:
* Museum of Fine Arts Boston @ Signature Shop
*Gore Place Historic Mansion Gift Shop Waltham
For custom requests:
1. Email me your request with your budget. 2. I give you some options with quotes and time estimates. 3. If you need help deciding, I will make a sketch for you for 20% (nonrefundable). At whichever point, you identify what you want, you pay 75% (non-refundable) and I start making. Once completed, you pay the rest and take home the final product. Please note that I can only ship certain products. Fruit bowls and most large ruffled bowls are pick-up only.
You have an art piece, now you want to design your space around it. Email, chat, pay 75% (non-refundable), I design, we tweak, iterate and custom build a whole new space for you.
A few things about functional art glass.
*Glass is fragile, we all know that but when handled with care glass can also live on for decades if not centuries.
*Don’t be scared to handle glass…look around, you already own enough of it!
*Microwave or dishwasher use is NOT recommended for art glass.