I am Kolika.Glass artist + designer based in Somerville MA. And I make wearable + functional glass art.Glass Paper Scissors evolved from a line of mixed media and repurposed glass arts to primarily focus on kiln-formed and stained glassware for home & garden and office use and wearable art aka jewelry.Look closely. In my work, you will find elements of Nature, you'll clearly see how inspired I am by my travels, by poetry, by the strength and fragility of humans and most of all, the material itself...how light plays off it and on it-what goes through and what comes back- the optics & the chemistry, the fluidity & the thickness, the fragility & the strength, the planning and the unpredictability- all of it.Find out more about my artist journey here: www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artistmonth/chatterjeeMessage me about custom orders-availability and lead times.
Gather your friends and learn something new this winter. In small groups of 6 or less, workshops will be offered on:
1. Basic Glass Fusing
2. Fused Glass Jewelry Making
3. Screenprinting On Glass (comes in two parts 101 and 102)
4. Stamping and Mica on glass
* May 4&5 SAT&SUN 12-6: Somerville Open Studios at Workbar Union Sq.
You’ll find Glass Paper Scissors at these stores:
* Museum of Fine Arts Boston @ Signature Shop
*Gore Place Historic Mansion Gift Shop Waltham
For custom requests:
1. Email me your request with your budget. 2. I give you some options with quotes and time estimates. 3. If you need help deciding, I will make a sketch for you for 20% (nonrefundable). At whichever point, you identify what you want, you pay 75% (non-refundable) and I start making. Once completed, you pay the rest and take home the final product. Please note that I can only ship certain products. Fruit bowls and most large ruffled bowls are pick-up only.
You have an art piece, now you want to design your space around it. Email, chat, pay 75% (non-refundable), I design, we tweak, iterate and custom build a whole new space for you.
A few things about functional art glass.
*Glass is fragile, we all know that but when handled with care glass can also live on for decades if not centuries.
*Don’t be scared to handle glass…look around, you already own enough of it!
*Microwave or dishwasher use is NOT recommended for art glass.